Beauty Products Made for Blind People?!
#ad Thank you to Android for sponsoring this video. Learn more about Lookout by Google here: https://goo.gle/3oAu7Pr #GAAD
FTC: This video is sponsored by Android. All opinions are my own!
Shop the brands I mentioned and support their amazing efforts to be inclusive with their product design!
Victorialand Beauty: https://victorialandbeauty.com
Clean Logic: https://cleanlogic.com
Herbal Essence: https://herbalessences.com
Watch my Allure video reviewing beauty products and their accessibility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2Xx_C5X9lM&t=2s
Here are some of the articles I read to prep for this video:
Stats and facts I shared:
– According to World Health Organisation, about 2.2 billion people live with some level of vision impairment, 36 million of whom are blind.
– 33 million Americans 18 and older are visually impaired and blind.
– 10% of 3.5 million have an income of $75K+
– Only a handful of beauty brands have invested in products and packaging that are accessible for the visually impaired (Vogue Business, July 2019).
– 55% of moderate or severely vision impaired people are women and girls (World Sight Day, 2019)
– The total disposable incomes (post-tax) for working-age individuals with disabilities is nearly $500 billion. The total discretionary income is $200 billion.
– These billions of people want to buy person care or beauty products.
– Only 10% of the visually impaired community read Braille. Braille packaging can be technically challenging and costly to implement (CEW, February 2020; Vogue Business, July 2019).
LEARN MORE: http://mollyburkeofficial.com
Big thanks to my Patron’s for supporting my content!
Aliah Maiken Helen Johnsson
I’m Molly, a typical sushi, makeup, and fashion loving millennial girl who just so happens to be blind! I was diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa at just 4 years old and began public speaking at age 5. I started just doing motivational speaking, but now I make videos and even model! Even though I can’t see, I know that there are bright spots in everything we face. Let’s find them together. 💕